What is The Diamond Exchange?
The Diamond Exchange is a variety podcast created by Danny 'Diamond Machine' Pryor, and is broadcast from the studios of WEMF Radio, an internet radio station located in university town Cambridge, MA.
The station began as a way for local musicians to share news and local culture but is growing into an entertainment center, replete with interesting guests and commentary.
Exchanging ideas in different parts of popular culture, music and art in which each regular member has a specialty, we seek to create an entertaining variety show with unique perspectives and insights into various subcultures and industries. The Diamond Exchange rotates 8 shows a month across its regular members, in this way Spires occasionally leads the show.
Meet The Diamond Exchange
Why Should I be a guest
on The Diamond Exchange?
As a guest, you will enjoy several benefits:
- You can share a compelling story about your art and career as a Independent or Print on Demand (POD) artist and tell your story to thousands of listeners
- Broadcasting to a university town, you can provide valuable information and perspectives to aspiring artists and could gain new followers and fans
- You will be able to plug whatever you wish relevant to your art, drive traffic to your storefronts, retail locations or websites
- You will have a podcast you may post on your website or which you may link, an additional way to connect with fans, customers and clients
- Increase the visibility or the independent/POD art scene and awareness of digital galleries generally, which helps all independent artists
- You'll be promoted as a featured guest on Spires.ws' with that episode's podcast post showing samples of your work with a link to your website and preferred sales channel
The show airs on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7PM EST; availability is critical because we broadcast live. Pre-recorded segments can be arranged if necessary but are not preferred.
For Established Artists:
- Makes a living income from independent art sales, royalties, or commissions; whether through print on demand, retail or other channels for at least the past year, or has momentum such that a year's active longevity hence your application is likely
- Has brand aspirations beyond POD sales
- If as an artist, guest is not a employee in any capacity, does not work at a gallery or has any kind of protracted independent contractor status or interns for a creative firm
- Is comfortable discussing tips or the workings of your sales process and how you developed such, not necessarily in great detail, but enough to be compelling to aspiring artists and industry decision makers
- Is comfortable discussing your art, describing yourself and your art, and has a clear idea of what you would like to promote
- Is comfortable discussing your creative process and what inspires your work and lifestyle
- Is comfortable discussing the management of your lifestyle, how you use time, how you plan, and what's to come for your art or brand
For Aspiring artists:
- Makes at least half your income from independent art sales, royalties, or commissions; whether through print on demand, retail or other channels for at least the past year, or has momentum such that a year's active longevity hence your application is likely, or is approaching becoming established
- Is comfortable discussing tips or the workings of your sales process and how you are developing such, not necessarily in great detail, but enough to be compelling to other artists and industry decision makers
- Is comfortable discussing what you've discovered in the pros and cons of your approach to the market
- Is comfortable discussing your creative process and what inspires your work and aspirations
- Is comfortable discussing how you intend to grow as an artist and reach established status
- is comfortable discussing what work you do on the side to supplement your art and your plan to reach full independent status
For Industry Participants
- Knowledgable about independent art sales and the various opportunities available for artists today
- Works for a print on demand sales channel and is free to speak about the industry
- Works for a ecommerce platform and is free to speak about the industry, artists and art sales in particular
- Can share tips about your platform and what it offers artists trying to achieve independence
Thank you so much for your interest in being a guest of The Diamond Exchange. Spires will be in contact via email once your application is received.